Episode Cost $1.25 or available with Subscription
Suggested Annual Contribution
(will give you access to all podcasts)
Host Lisa Butterworth interviews Dr. Kersti Spjut, a licensed clinical psychologist who works as clinical faculty member in Psychological Services at a university by day, and runs a private practice in the evenings. They discuss the Family Acceptance Project and facts of LDS Parents of LGBTQ youth.
- The Family Acceptance Project (familyproject.sfsu.edu) – the absolute best resource. Start here! They have a video and pamphlet specifically for LDS families.
- Mormons Building Bridges (mormonsbuildingbridges.org) -have a couple good info pages with links to articles and a glossary of terms.
- Listen, Learn, & Love (listenlearnandlove.org/podcasts)-Richard Ostler’s podcast, about the experiences of LGBTQ members of the Church
- PFLAG.org has lots of good resources
- The Trevor Project (thetrevorproject.org) has good resources specifically for addressing suicidality.
Books for parents
The Transgender Teen by Stephanie Brill & Lisa KenneyThe
Transgender Child by Stephanie Brill & Rachel Papper
Raising the Transgender Child by Michele Angello & Alisa Bowman
This is a Book for Parents of Gay Kids by Dannielle Owens-Reid
Unconditional by Telaina Eriksen
*Thank you to Jeff Meyers for the intro and Peter & Mary Danzig of Otter Creek Duo for the concluding bumper music.
*Please help keep Mormon Sex Info going past 2021 by making a donation at the top of this page
Lisa Butterworth, LPC, NCC has a masters degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Idaho State University. Lisa specializes in women’s issues, faith transitions, sexual concerns, LGBT+ journeys, trauma, anxiety disorders, body image concerns, and depression. She offers both coaching/consultation and therapy services to individuals, couples and families. Lisa is also the founder of the popular Feminist Mormon Housewives website and support group.